Wednesday, April 22, 2009

First day of real work at Tishbi Winery

Ok so a little run down of my first day working at the Tishbi winery. The kitchen workers are Arab and one guy from South America that continuously flirt with me but they do not speak any English so I am forced to speak Hebrew although a smile with them goes a long way :)

The other waiters are all 20-22 year old Israeli boys, very cute, who already did part of their army service or ended their army service and are saving up money to travel to South America. One of the boys, Yaron, I staffed his Dor L Dor trip Summer 2005 - very small world!

The woman I am shadowing to learn how to give english tours is amazing, she is sooo sweet and is taking me under her wing and teaching me everything. She also gave me a ride home from work and invited me for Shabbat dinner.

So, during lunch we toured around an American couple and sat with them afterwards to do some wine sampling. After about 5 samples I felt myself get a little tipsy so I stopped and ate some bread and drank some water- I have to be a bit responsible!

The funniest thing that happened to me is there is a big vat of Petite-Syrah wine in the front of the store. Anyone can come and fill up empty wine bottles with 17 NIS wine - an alcohols dream. Anyways, I thought I knew how to work the system but I turned it in the opposite direction and wine went spritzing everywhere! My clothes, hair, the walls, counter! It was a big crazy but very funny and supposedly every new person does it and it is like an initiation.

Ok love for you all.,.,off to walk the strip before it gets dark
Esther

No comments: