Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hey all,

My apartment in Zichron Yakov is located right beside a beautiful park with a innovative playground and along side the "Midrachov" which is a street that is closed off for pedestrians and has a variety of cafe's, restaurants, shops, and boutiques. The actual apartment is a converted basement of a retired British couple who are extremely nice. There are five houses in this complex and they all share a pool, which I can access through the British couple's home also the beach is 15 minutes away.

Yesterday I had my first taste of what it is going to be like to work at Tishbi. I was standing next to the cash register talking to the manager, Valerie (a Scottish woman who made aliyah 25 years ago and worked at Yarden for 15 years) and the son of Jonathan Tishbi, who studied wine making in New Zealand, came up to shown us a brand new bottle of wine he was testing in the laboratory. We both had a taste and commented on its texture and flavor. It was pretty amazing.

I have a lot of studying to do between my Hebrew and wine knowledge but in a short time I should feel comfortable enough to speak Hebrew and shmooze with the best of the wino's.

Here are a couple of pictures of the apartment and my walk around the outskirts of Zichron Yakov.

Come and Visit!

Esther

No comments: